What To Expect at Your First Dental Visit
For adults, we will reserve time to complete the following:
- Gather clinical records to include review of medical/dental history
- Necessary radiographs (X-rays)- Please inform us as soon as possible if you have any current x-rays from a previous office as there may be a frequency limitation from your insurance company which would result in additional out of pocket expense
- Intra oral photographs
- Soft tissue exam to determine what type of cleaning you will need
- Complete comprehensive head, neck and intra oral exam
- Oral cancer screening
We will discuss examination findings in detail, including your options for treatment, the cost for treatment, timing, and financial arrangements in relation to any benefits you may have as well as answer any questions.
For children, we will reserve time to complete the following:
- One of our Dental Hygienists will familiarize your child with our office, the dental chair and surroundings, and make your child comfortable
- Pictures, videos and a stuffed animal will be used to explain dental procedures
- A comprehensive exam, prophylaxis, fluoride treatment and any necessary radiographs, depending upon your child’s age
- Oral hygiene instruction specific to your child and family
- At the end of the appointment they will get a prize, new toothbrush and floss
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment:
- Medical history information, such as the prescription drugs you are taking and their dosages
- If you have insurance, bring your dental insurance information, including your insurance card, social security number, and a valid form of identification
- Method of payment for your visit
- A list of questions or concerns that you may have regarding your treatment
Our new patient forms are available online for your convenience or you can complete the forms in our office prior to your scheduled appointment time. Click HERE to download the New Patient Forms.
Bring it With You – To speed up the registration process, you are encouraged to print & complete forms above. Please arrive 10 minutes to your scheduled appointment time. This allows us to ensure you, and any insurance information, are properly set-up in our system.
Complete in Office – In making your initial appointment, we will generally ask that you arrive 20 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment time to complete new patient registration forms, provided on a clipboard as you arrive. We are here to assist you in every way possible, so please make your questions and concerns known to us.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you soon!